Art Toy Webtoon Writer's Diary - Tower of God vs. Night Run, what kind of writer do I want to be?

 Out of all the webtoons I'm watching




The other one is very popular and loved


In the second half, there's a work that's been criticized a lot for its belance and story,




One is not that popular


I was only watching enthusiasts, 


I can't believe they designed it all recently as a decade of rice cakes unraveled...


There is a work that is highly praised by enthusiasts, saying, "This artist is God!!" 




The aforementioned work would have ranked first in the past and made a lot of money. 


You won't feel comfortable right now,




The latter will not have much glory in success or financial returns compared to the aforementioned writers. 


However, the rave reviews from fans as a writer will be a tremendous catharsis. 


As an artist, there may be no better situation. 




A cartoonist going through these two situations 


[The Tower of God] and [Night Run] are serializing on Naver. 


It's not the difference between what's better and what's worse


It feels like the difference between the product and the work. 


The Tower of God and Night Run 


Like the difference between popular and pure literature...


What should I say? There are writers whose stories are not about communication with the public but about telling the author's story. 


So it's very difficult and complicated 


Only a few people who agree like it and the rest don't care. 


He is an artist with a stronger artistic tendency to do fine art. 


Night Run is closer to that. 


But it's like a blockbuster movie 


It scratches people's itchiness and it touches their needs


To create a masterpiece that is loved and breathed with the public 


It's like the Tower of God and works like that. 


But you have to communicate well with the public


As soon as you get out of it, you lose love and start cursing. 


Now the Tower of God has come to that point. 


The artist is his work, but if he chose that path, he should not close his ears to the public's comments. 


But the opposite is true for Night Run. 


The writer goes his way silently. 


And when the potency bursts, it gets a lot of cheers. 


Only to a few. 


The scale is too small. No matter how powerful the potency is 


The love and attention of the absolute majority of the public cannot be received. 






Which path should I take? 


I want to be loved, I want to make money...


In terms of personality, I'm more of a night run where I just silently tell my story. 


I don't think it's going to be easy to get lonely...




Thinking about the boundaries between sculpture and toy 


Art Toy is similar to thinking about where to stand. 


Today, I just thought of this, so I'll write down my thoughts.


- [Subscribe and Like] gives strength to the writer! -



댓글