Art Toy, Webtoon Writer's Diary - The main stream of content that runs through the times comes from fear.

 The artist who works in a certain field


I will think about this at least once.


What's the next trend??


Whether it's painting, music, drawing cartoons, or making movies


What's the next big thing?? 


I'll think about this at least once.




All will not follow the trend.


Silently, I will go my way...


There are many people with strong craftsmanship who continue their work. 


And these people survive longer. 


But when I work on music, everyone


I want my work to be loved, 


I hope many people will like it. 


I happen to have a message about my work


When the messages that the times want overlap


You can be loved even more. 


Especially for works that cost a lot of money to produce, such as cartoons and movies


If you can't recover your work expenses,


I can't continue with the next work


Next, sensitivity to popular content is high. 


So, if a movie becomes a hit


Similar works come out in a row. 






That's why I'm just a world full of copycats...


That's what I thought.


But the reason why you shouldn't think that way is because


The things that I thought were sublime,


The things that are being reproduced over and over again, little by little


It is constantly loved for a while, and consumers are looking for it. 


If it is not sold, it will no longer be produced. 


When it's sold, the next edition comes out.


It's not just full of copycats


Maybe something about the people who are living in that era


It occurred to me that the theme was being touched






Korean movies have been awash with stories of criminal gangs and gangsters for a while. 


That's probably why our country at that time


There was a flood of violent things going on outside the law


Because the public harbored fear of it


Either they beat those thugs, or they collapse on their own


They may have been comforted and relieved while watching such movies. 


Now, even if those movies come out


There are enthusiasts, but it's not the trend.






After that, the world started to become global


It's not just the flow of Korea, 


Contents were seen to be in sync around the world. 




A meteorite hits the earth for a long time


Alien invades the Earth, catastrophizes


There were a lot of movies in which people solved problems




After that, for a long time


Zombies, monsters destroy the real world


The world is overthrown, and civilization is destroyed 


In it came the contents of people struggling to keep their lives.


Korean zombie, American zombie, Japanese zombie, British zombie..


The contents of the stars came out, 


Everyone is so popular that it has become a genre. 




What will be the next trend??? 


I was thinking about it 






After all, isn't the theme of popular content coming from people's fear? 


It made me think that. 


The United States and the Soviet Union compete for lunar exploration, 


We're going to start space development, 


I was shooting up the Hubble Telescope 


Humans began to acquire knowledge of the universe that they had never known before. 


I didn't even know it was scary when I couldn't see the unknown. 


But after I got the information 


An asteroid could hit Earth at any time, 


It's possible that among the many planets in outer space, there could be creatures that are more intelligent than we are 


Got to know. 


And that knowledge creates fear 


Content that accurately captures the public's fears is consumed. 


People relieve their fears by watching the content


I've been growing more


They share, talk, and imagine with people around them. 






Next, from around the 2000s


Viral infectious diseases such as bird flu, SARS, and MERS 


It's starting to shock the world. 


The Ebola virus is spreading in Africa


The new viruses that we didn't know were known 


People died helplessly. 


Recalling the specter of the plague of the past 


A vague fear of viruses and infectious diseases hung over the world. 


So, the story of the zombie projecting it is a viral disease


I think it's been consumed a lot.


Like the fear of the universe


using the widespread fear of the virus throughout the public


I think it is the establishment of the trend of content. 


Coronavirus sweeps the world, 


Humanity has won. 


Although this experience doesn't relieve the fear of the virus at once


A pandemic similar to COVID-19 has come once or twice


If you can prevent it with a vaccine in a similar way 


Humanity will be able to escape much of that vague fear. 






What's the next trend with this pattern??? 


a public fear-mongering thing. 


Making the public as a whole worry about changes in the world. 


the fear and fear that has spread throughout the world


If you know what it is, you can predict it. 


I think it's probably AI and robots. 


It is said that super-intelligent AI will soon surpass humans. 


Tesla has evolved the second generation of humanoid robots at a tremendous rate. 




The first fear is that the robots will make us feel the same way 


Jobs and lives are lost. 


What happens to me when I get fired at work and the robots work... then what happens to me...


And furthermore 


After they've completely woken up


What if we decide that humanity is a pest that eats the Earth and try to exterminate it?


Or they'll make us slaves


What if I use it as a power supply or computing device to my computer, as in the matrix?


Can humanity win if they fight robots and AI?


That fear is vague, but it's subtly 


It is spreading to all of humanity. 


When a new technology emerges, some people clap for it


I don't think I can go to the company very often...


I'm a taxi driver, and I heard that self-driving will come out soon...


I'm a lawyer and I think they'll do better now...


I have these thoughts. 


I began to imagine the collapse of my life.


In the next 10 to 20 years, I think the most popular contents


I think it will come from a dystopia or utopia created by AI and robots. 


If you're in astronomy or physics 


If there's a big discovery, go that way 


The fear of the tide may change drastically, 


I think the biggest fear of mankind as of now lies in robots. 




If you want to create a popular content, think about it


If you think the insights were good 


I would appreciate it if you could subscribe and read my posts constantly. ^^




댓글