Arttoy - what is this time you want to say? Zombies, what's next?

 When the Walking Dead came out and became popular,


You and I were all zombies here and there.


Not only in drama movies, but also in variety shows and Starry Star contents


Fast zombie, Joseon zombie, alien zombie, zombie zombie...




The phenomenon has been maintained for quite some time for something that has gone by in a flash.


For years, people don't get tired


I consumed the content of preparation.


After COVID-19 swept the world


After the virus in the real world got to the point where I got neurosis


Only then did I stop talking about viruses and zombies.


I'm so tired of watching this show


Also, I wouldn't have wanted to watch it on TV.




When zombie content is sweeping the world 


Why on earth do people like zombies so much? I was questioned that. 


I think most people are listeners rather than speakers,


I think everyone wants to be a speaker rather than a listener.


Even from the perspective of watching and consuming content


In my heart that accepts it


I'll define and adapt myself


I think I make my own story and input it.


Everyone has their own stereo type and frame


Even if you see the same thing, you accept it as completely different


add imagination that is appropriate for each person


I think we're embracing the content,


In the process, I create another story of my own.


If people didn't really like zombie content


Repeated consumption would not have happened.


And there is no way to recreate content that no one watches and is not a box office hit.


Zombie content has been expanded and reproduced over the years because


What the people of that era want to say to themselves,


Wouldn't it have been embodied and expressed as a substitute for zombies?


Maybe zombies were explaining the situation of our time at that time?








Prepared content was not only popular in certain countries or cultural groups.


I'm not sure if there was such a thing even in places like the Middle East and India where there was no contact with me.


However, it was popular in cultures that we could easily meet, such as the United States, Europe, Korea, and Japan.


You can tell by looking at the cartoon dramas and movies they created. 


You have the Industrial Revolution in the beginning, 


As factory systems start to emerge


Charlie Chaplin wanted to satirize in The Modern Times


It was that humans lose their humanity and become an accessory to large machines. 


The discourse is being repeated without us having yet to resolve it. 


human appendages. 


In the 21st century, in the information society,


It hasn't changed in particular. 


We are not free to think and act


I live with the perception that I have fallen into the attachment of a society that has to do what I'm told to do. 


I want to be human. 


I want to be free. 


The sound and the smell of blood are only driven by hunger


You don't even realize that your body is dying and decaying


Watching zombies responding only to the environment 


Maybe modern people were looking at themselves. 


While watching the Walking Dead


I'm not trying to empathize with the main characters


Maybe I was looking at the zombies and looking at the miserable me and the people next to me?


And I don't want to live as a zombie anymore...


I want to live like a human being... 


I want to be free... 


Maybe he kept repeating the story in his mind?


Watching those countless zombie contents.






What's next?


What do people living in this day and age want to say?


What do they crave,


What's the story that's packed with the desire to shout?




댓글