Blacktea recommendation - HARNEY&SONS - HOT CINNAMON SUNSET

Here is today’s black tea recommendation.

It was raining quite heavy this afternoon, and because of that the day stayed pretty dark throughout.

I finally picked sweet cinnamon after thinking for a while which tea will be best in a day like this.






Harney & Sons’ hot cinnamon sunset tea is using black tea as a base and includes cinnamon, orange, and sweet clover.

I wasn’t sure if sweet clover is similar to normal clovers so I did some research.

Sweet clover is a plant like a weed that grows everywhere.

I found out that there are many different kinds of clovers out there and this one is one of the types.

Just like its name, it tastes sweet and includes ingredients that could be addictive.

So if you consume too much you may be addicted to sweet clovers.

It sounds dangerous yet very charming as well.





I’ll just follow the direction and brew it for 5 minutes.

When I opened up the lid, I could smell strong cinnamon.

The scent was even stronger than the smell from box with full of cinnamons only.

I think sugar is the cinnamon’s best buddy.

This could be stereotype because I had too many cinnamon rolls or churus.

Even before I drink the tea I knew I will put some sugar in it after trying the first sip without any sugar





The smell is too strong that the coffee shop is full of cinnamon scent.





Put sachet in the tea cup and brew it for 5 minutes.

If you shake black tea’s sachet too hard while brewing, the tea will get to dark and taste bitter.

So don’t shake the sachet or stir it too hard, but the cinnamon powder in this tea tends to sink down to the bottom of the cup.  

Once it’s fully brewed, take out the sachet and stir well.





The color of fully brewed tea isn’t too murky.  It’s quite clear brown.

However, if you can look at the bottom of the tea cup you will see the powder, which seems to be that of cinnamon, piled up quite a bit.

The color will get darker as seen above picture if you stir it well before drinking it.

The taste is quite clean and pure.

It harmonizes well with spicy cinnamon.

I was going to put lots of sugar, but it wasn’t necessary.

I guess sweet clover’s sweetness had affected the tea more than I thought.

It was stronger than when boiled with licorice.

You will have some unpleasant taste in your mouth if the tea got sweetened by sugars or syrups, but sweet clover’s sugary effect was very soft and clean like xylitol.

Nevertheless, sweet clover will not make the tea too sweet.  

It’s a good amount of sweetness to make you feel satisfied.  

So I suggest you to drink the tea without any sugar to not ruin any of that feeling.

This tea fills the room with the scent from the very beginning of preparation.  

It’s a tea that shows off its presence with captivating spice and sweetness of cinnamon.


I think this tea will be best to drink on a dark, dark night.


댓글