black tea recommendation - Celestial Seasonings - Chai Tea

Here is today’s black tea recommendation.

Today’s tea is Celestial Seasoning’s Chai Tea.

To put it simply, it is Indian style milk tea.





In India, they put black tea and the chai tea that’s mixed with spice into the pot along with cow milk or goat milk and boil them altogether.

They also put lots of sugar and make it really sweet.

So, this combination allows you to consume caffeine from black tea, sharp taste and scent from the spice, sweetness from sugar, and substantial amount of protein from the milk all at once.

Some Indians drink this chai tea several times a day.





I haven’t been to India so I didn’t have chance to drink local chai tea, but I did drink chai tea selling in Indian restaurant.

Starbucks and other coffee shops are also selling chai tea as well.

However, many coffee shops are selling it as straight tea instead of milk tea in Korea.





I will drink it as a milk tea.

If I boil it in a pot, the taste would get stronger, but I will just use the steam pitcher to warm up the milk.

First of all, pour hot water and fill 1/3 of the tea cup and brew the chai tea.

You will see that it brews quickly and smells mixture of spices including cinnamon.





Pour hot milk into the chai tea.

And also put some syrups as chai tea is supposed to be sweet.

Alright~ Here we go.  It’s ready now.





Chai tea’s color is dark red when it’s brewed straight.

And it is still red even when milk is added.

It’s redder than normal black tea.

The color makes it look quite appetizing than other light colored black teas.

The taste is quite intense as expected.

The taste of most black teas made into milk teas get softer, but chai tea’s taste is still strong even after it’s made into milk tea.

Variety of spices can be tasted in my mouth.

It tastes very stimulating and charming.

Honestly, I personally do not prefer this kind of taste as I like something soft and gentle bit more.

However, the scent is very strong and interesting.

It made me feel like I’m in a night club.


If you need something strong and intense as well as something sweet, chai tea will do it.

댓글