Black tea recommendation - MARIAGE FRERES - MARCO POLO

Here is today’s black tea recommendation.

Let’s prepare today’s tea.

I’m introducing Mariage Frere’s Marco Polo today, which I really love.

Marco Polo is the classic tea of Mariage Freres.

It is the most famous scent added tea along with Wedding Imperial among this brand.





In Café Planet, we bought both tin and normal package and put the tin on display for sale and use normal package when we make the tea upon customers’ order.

We do it this way because normal packages are much cheaper than the ones in the tin due to its packing cost if you’re purchasing the same amount.

If it is not for a gift, it will be much more cost effective to buy the ones in normal package.





I took out a tea measure and an empty pocket and made the tea bag.

Marco Polo is a scent added tea that included sweet berry scent and Tibetan flower 
scent.

You will smell strong sweet scent when you open the package.





OK, you can make a tea bag like this.

You can easily find empty pockets in a supermarket or on the internet.

The shapes are all different depending on the brand.  So you can choose whatever you want.

I just bought mine from Daiso.






I prepared the tea with the tea-for-one today.

I brewed for about 4 minutes with hot water.






Here we go~

Although it looks a bit feeble because of the size of the tea cup is small, the scent is not feeble at all.

There is a reason why Marco Polo is so famous among Mariage Freres.

I think the balance is nearly perfect.

The strong sweet berry scent was gone when tea was ready.

The scents were all subdued and I was so surprised that smells had disappeared.

However, I was able to smell peculiar bittersweet scent that can be found in high quality black teas.

It’s hard to make comparison because I don’t have a lot of experience in teas, but I think I smelled the same scent when I was biting high quality outer leaves. J

Was my comparison little old-fashioned? lol

Anyway, it smelled bittersweet and aromatic.

And when I hold the tea water in my mouth these scents ascend from behind the tongue very strongly.

The reason I said Marco Polo has good balance is because none of the tastes such as sourness and bitterness was too strong.  

Also, none of the scents such as sweet berry scent and flower scent was too strong.  The tastes and scents were all in perfect balance.

If I have to choose only one black tea, Marco Polo will be the one.
Even its aftertaste makes me happy.

I prefer to have straight tea instead of making it to milk tea for scent added black teas, but I think Marco Polo could taste so much better if it’s made to milk teas.

It will be the best if little bit of honeys is added.  I will try this next time and let you know.

Marco Polo really made my day~


It’s a tea more than just charming.  It’s captivating.

댓글