black tea recommendation / Mariage Freres - Bolero

Here is today’s black tea recommendation.

I can’t say I have a broad experience on teas, but I can say that Mariage Freres is the king of all brands I came across.

To be exact, it’s more of a queen than a king.

I only had a chance to try only 3 different types among many of Mariage Freres and I was satisfied with all of them in every way.

One of them, which I’ll be introducing today, is called Bolero.






The classic tin they had been using since 1854 is very luxurious.

Don’t you think anyone who receives this tin as a gift would be very happy?

This will be a nice gift you can get for your friends and families if you have chance to visit France.

I think I’m too generous in promoting someone else’s brand. J





Prepare the tea cup that’s suitable to greet the queen of tea.

I even took out expensive tea cup and the tea pot that’s hard to wash.

While I was preparing, it got me thinking that even a tea cup is treated well if they’re valuable.  

I should try hard to be a person with dignity that can be precious to someone. J





I took a picture of the tea leaves before I put them in the tea pot because they were so pretty.

Scent added black teas are mixed with other ingredients such as flower, herb, dried fruits and etc…

Bolero is made with the black tea as its base that added fruit scent produced in Riviera region (Southern part of Italy and France’s Mediterranean Sea).





It felt like my mouth was so dry while I was waiting for 3 minutes until brewing is done.
The scent of fruits was climbing as the tea started to brew.

I couldn’t tell exact name of the fruit.  Either apricot or peach scent started to spread around.

Let me drink this dark orange color tea then.

Since I’ve only tried 3 different types of Mariage Freres I probably should not be so haste in characterizing this tea, but all of the 3 types (Wedding Imperial, Marco Polo, Bolero – all are scented added black teas) I tried have some things in common.

It tasted same as clean olive oil.  It was more than just soft.  The tea was wrapping my tongue up like oil.

I’m not sure if this is happening because they included some additives while blending.

The reason I called this tea a queen of tea is because of this taste.

It felt so soft that it almost felt like I was kissing someone.

This may sound like a pervert but this is the closest explanation I can think of.
Another reason I love Mariage Freres is its faint aftertaste.

I smell sweet fragrance in my mouth after swallowing the tea.  And the scent is not too intense or strong.

However, this characteristic is pretty common in other luxurious tea brands that use high quality black teas.


Bolero will make you feel refreshed with its sweet fruity aftertaste.

댓글