Herbtea recommendation / AHMAD TEA - MIXED CITRUS

 Here is today's herb tea recommendation.

I pass by Myeongdong on my way to work. 

And there is a store in that neighborhood with a long~~~ line, which I really envy.

The name of the store is 'Myeongdong croquette', and it's located right in front of Myeongdong Catholic Church.

I've always wanted to try it once, but the queue was always too long.  But the line was relatively shorter this morning, so I went right in and bought potato, vegetable, adzuki bean and mustard croquettes.  There was also cheese cream croquette, but I've had enough of cheese while practicing on making cheese cake these days.

On my way back to Cafe Planet, I have safely stored two of them in my stomach. ;-)  I'll use the rest two for today's tea snack. 

I looked for a tea that would be a good combination with greasy snack.  At first, I thought about strong black teas, but my final decision was <AHMAD TEA - MIXED CITRUS> for its fresh orange scent.





Personally, I think the packages of AHMAD TEA's black teas are quite luxurious and well made.

However, I think the packages of its herb teas are relatively not that special.




I had doubts about this combination, but I started to munch on.





This posting is about the tea, but if I can say a few words about the croquette, it's relatively not that greasy and very crispy!  I could feel its crispness on every bite.

The fillings did not taste too much sharp.  It tasted very natural and gentle.





OK, let's get back to the subject.

As the name represents, it's an herb tea with combination of citrus fruits orange and lemon.  But if you look at the water, it's red scarlet and looks more like a red grapefruit juice.  It has a fruity sour smell.  The color is very similar to Omija tea (meaning "Five Flavor Tea," is Korean traditional drink made of fruit herb called omija <Schisandra chinensis>) that people would still believe me if I remove the tea bag and tell them it's Omija tea.  I really liked the color that it made me want to carry them in a clear water bottle in the summer and show it off.

Again, it tasted bit sour just like its name 'citrus'.  However, it's clearly mentioned on the package that it is a mixture of orange and lemon, but I don't know why I keep thinking it's a grapefruit.  Maybe it's the color...
I think it’s a good tea to drink huddling under your blanket on a very cold day.

By the way, I think it was a bad idea to have this tea with the croquettes... :-( 
I'll try it with high concentrated black tea like English breakfast tea next time for such a greasy snack like croquette.

댓글