HerbTea recommendation - Celestial Seasonings. Tea with roasted chicory


Here is today’s black tea recommendation.
 
Café Planet is indulged in the world of tea nowadays.
 
In the beginning, my interest in tea started out as a mere professional reason. I needed different types of drinks to be added to the menu in my coffee shop, so I was only gathering some information about teas. After encountering so many varieties of teas since then, I just fell in love with them. J
 
I wanted to share this fascination with many others. I will be introducing here in this blog the brands of the teas that are currently on sale in my coffee shop and also the teas that are not on sale but I felt interesting.
 
The very first one I’ll be introducing is “Tea with roasted Chicory caffeine free” from Celestial Seasonings.
YeahI knowThe name is too long...
Just think that it’s a caffeine free black tea blended with chicory.
 
There could be many who are not familiar with the brand “Celestial Seasonings”. I’ll talk about it later on a separate posting.
 
We’ll talk about the “Tea with roasted Chicory caffeine free” this time.
 




The best way to enjoy black tea is to appreciate its taste and scent. But you also need to enjoy the pretty tea cups and the sweets that come along with it! And the packaged box is another fun thing to enjoy. The characteristics of Celestial Seasonings are the cute animated drawings on the outer packages, but the drawings of the “Tea with roasted Chicory caffeine free” are quite dull. L Hope I could be little more satisfied with the next one.
 
OK. I think enough has been said. Let’s brew some tea!




I bought the ones in tea bags, so it was quite easy to make one in my fish tea cup.
 
The color seems like a mix of red and yellow.
 
The taste was not too strong for the tea bag that was brewed for about 3 minutes in the boiling water. It didn’t include any particular scent as it was not a fragrance added tea. It even lacked black tea’s natural aroma. The tea was blended with the chicory, so it smelled a bit more like a fresh leaf.
 
OK, let’s get to the point now. J
 
I tasted strong sourness on my first sip. There are some teas with strong sourness, but I wasn’t sure this was just one of them or the chicory was causing it.
 
In general, the tea was not so bitter, so it won’t be a good mix with the milk. And I also do not recommend drinking it with lemons since it already had strong sourness.
 
As you can see in a drawings on the package, you will feel mostly refreshed if you can drink it using a tea-strainer or as an iced tea. I will try it again in iced tea next time and post again.
 
Café Planet wishes to fall in love with the teas, study it more, exchange information and interact with many others. Let’s get together all black tea lovers~~ lol
 
Please wait for my next post.
 
Next time, I will try to make it more well-informed posting with more sweets, tea cups and photos.
 
PS The chicory is the plant of chrysanthemum used in making a salad sometimes. In England and France, it’s often used as blending material to make the tea tastier. It’s also known to help to reinforce digestive/liver function.
 
 

댓글