Blacktea recommendation / HARRODS - MORNING BLEND

Here is today's black tea recommendation.

I would usually start writing by saying, "Have you heard of this brand?" but I don't need to ask you that question today.

If you are a big black tea fan, you would have definitely heard of this brand.

This brand, HARRODS, is very famous for supplying its products to popular England department stores and to the royal family.

HARRODS - MORNING BLEND is the today's tea.



The design of the tin container is a well mix of luxury and cuteness.

I used to think that only full leaf teas are stored in a tin, but that's not always the case.

This one is in the tin but they are all in tea bags.



I wasn't giving it a special treatment because it was little bit expensive than others.

I was using the tea cups that I was using in my coffee shop when I took the photos for previous postings.

I'm using prettier cups that I have at home now.  (But... this is a coffee cup... I couldn't find any tea cups... lol)



Just as the name of this tea <HARROD - MORNING BLEND>, I was sipping it little by little in the morning sitting at my tea table.

The British named the teas such as "morning blend" or "lunch blend" and categorized them into different time frame to enjoy each blend based on its characteristic.

It is known that many British enjoy their tea time about 5 times a day.  

As the name <HARROD - MORNING BLEND> represents, it's a tea best suitable in the morning.

You can also think that this is quite similar to English breakfast tea that you would easily find in any coffee shop around your neighborhood.

On the tin, it says that this tea is mixed with other various black teas such as Darjeeling, Assam, Ceylon and Kenya.



The color is very dark brown.  It's so dark that it almost looks like coffee.  I sniffed at it hard to smell its scent, but there wasn't any particular scent except mild black tea scent.

I started to drank it as I was thinking, "Hmmm... no particular scent..."  then I instantly shouted out,  "Wow!!" after a sip.  As if by a magic, I started to smell its magnificent flavor as I was drinking it.  The delicious scent is rising up to my nose.

The taste is beautifully harmonized with various rich flavors such as stongness, slight bitterness, little bit of sourness and subtle sweetness.

As I kept having a sip and feeling its aftertaste, I could feel that this tea is as intense as espresso. 

Many morning teas usually have strong taste and contain lots of caffeine as they are mostly used to help people wake up in the morning just like coffee.  So, there is a chance that if you'd drink the tea by itself, it could cause a sour stomach.  In that case, you may add some milk to tone it down a little.

I bet <HARROD - MORNING BLEND> is also great in milk tea.

I will post my review on this milk tea next time. ;-)


댓글