black tea recommendation / HARNEY & SONS - WINTER WHITE EARL GREY

 Here is today's black tea recommendation.

Today's tea is <HARNEY & SONS - WINTER WHITE EARL GREY>.

There are so many different blending methods exist, but I think Earl Grey is the one that's most loved.

I personally like blended teas for its richness with multi flavors than straight teas.

So I make careful observation of Earl Greys of each brand whenever I have a chance to drink Earl Grey.

Many variations of Earl Grey exist within the same brand.

WINTER WHITE EARL GREY is also one of the variations.

When you take a look inside of the tea bag, you will be able to see the difference quite clearly.

Most black tea leaves are either dark brown or black, but this one is filled with bright green colored leaves.

Maybe some of you have already noticed it from its name, but this tea is blended with "white tea".




Let me briefly explain what white tea is.  White tea refers to young leaves that have been dried instead of fermented.

When white teas are brewed, the water color is not completely white but relatively white.  And this is how it got its name.

When young leaves are used for brewing, there is almost no bitterness.  It makes the tea very refreshing.

So, young leaves are used when making only top class teas.





After all, I think white teas should be categorized into green teas rather than black teas.

Think of this Winter White Earl Grey tea as a new type of blending method in combination of black & green tea.

The taste and the scent also reveal its characteristic of white tea.

The color of the tea is light green as white tea was mixed with black tea.

You may not see it clearly from the picture but the color is lighter than other black teas if you see it with the naked eye.

It felt very refreshing in my mouth.

Although the word "winter" is included in the name, I would rather drink this tea in the summer as iced tea.

I actually tried it again when it's cold after keeping it in the refrigerator.  The taste was pretty good. :-)

But I personally did not think it was so attractive or unique.

I suggest you to just enjoy this tea casually.

댓글